What does PTA do for the school?
- Purchase supplies for special events like Red Ribbon Week, Camp, field days, and Kindergarten Camp.
- Purchase new technology, classroom supplies, and equipment for school.
- Provide volunteers for school events (e.g. Book Fair, Picture Day, and Field Day).
- Sponsor FREE family fun and educational events throughout the year for VES.
- Raise money for PODS and 5th grade field trip.
- Purchase student planners for the school.
- Sponsor breakfast for new kindergarten parents.
- Create & compile the annual yearbook.
- Recognize Veterans Elementary Staff during Staff Appreciation Week.
- Provide food & drinks for 5th grade End of the Year celebration.
- Provide hospitality to Veterans Elementary Staff during pre-planning, FCAT testing, and at end of year.
Why should I join?
- Easy and meaningful way to support your child, school and/or the community.
- Get connected with other parents and teachers.
- Become an advocate for your child’s education.
- Contribute ideas and offer your talent(s) and/or time.
- Make a difference in the quality of education and services available to students.
You can make a difference.
Click to download the PTA Membership Form-2013-PDF